Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Lit Path

Entangling vines of lies must be cut
Weeds of despair and worry rid of

If there were only a light so hot and bright
One that would dissipate all deception

Even the heat of that of a sun spot
Consumed, my loneliness will be

Is there not one who would show the way?

Is there not a path that is lit with happiness?

There is a road that leads to paradise
A sun-lit lane filled with excitement and joy

It is not the destination that paves the way
But the journey's thrills that motivate the soul

Though the destination may be all that we dream of
It is the keeper that fills all that search

Yes, the path is dangerous
But don't we all crave that high?

Why do we run from the way that we know is right?

Here, the vines are cut
Here, the weeds are rid of

If only you search, then you will find.

Photography: Rode es
Written by: Jose A Henson

5 comments:

Elle said...

you can write. seriously, joe, you really surprise me sometimes. :D

tontonito said...

Huh, Thanks, Elle. Means a lot to me. There are times when I just wanna write, and can't. Then there are those time when I just write away, this was one of those times, lol. You're creative too; I know you, haha. When am I gonna read some of your stuff?

Elle said...

You're welcome.

You mean like fiction? I write, and then when I read it it just seems silly or...or.. overthought. I think I could do those teen comedy diary-style books, though. I just can't think of plots. Ina is amaaaaazing though, you should see her stuff.

A Taqiyuddin said...

cool :D

tu-perla said...

Hey, I know that photo... (orange poster)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...