Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Midnight At The Oasis...

...sing your camel to bed."

Alright, show of hands, who knows that song? If you do, you're cool. Now, if you don't... eh, please go and search it up on YouTube. But for all, both those who know it and those who don't alike, search Renee Olstead's version. ahhh, I love Renee Olstead!

I wasn't allowed to embed the Youtube video, so here's a link instead.

So, that was just really random. I was supposed to title this one "Midnight". Simply because it is midnight and I was just gonna make this one short. Buuutt, me being me, I ended up singing that song "Midnight at the oasis... ". Great, just great.

For those of you who read my last post concerning my terrible tooth ache, also known as my 'mouth misery', you'd be happy to be informed that the pain is gone. Yes that is right, I sat under Dr Lim Wooi Teong's bright, blinding white light and smelt his elastic gloves; I tasted his nasty silver tools, listened to his foreign tongue give orders to the dainty little nurse and endured; Alas, I have survived the Dentist's chair! (Although, I walked out of the Penang Dental Surgery clinic with two fillings filling up one cavity on one of my lower-right molars--but, proof of victory, like a trophy, I'd like to think of them, hehe)

 Cute picture I found here.

I wish all problems were just like tooth aches caused by cavities. You have them one day, and after a much-needed trip to the dentist where he digs the nasty stuff out and fills it in with the good stuff, the pain is gone. (Unless of course you have your teeth pulled out or... get braces then that's a different story.) Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I hope that we could cramp up all the hurts and pains of life into a short period of time, say for a couple of minutes, an hour or even a few days. And after that allotted time, the hurts and problems, pains and grieves that were meant to last us a really long time disappear. But we all know that just doesn't happen. A great chunk of our problems take months to solve, and most of our pains take years to heal.


Say, kind'a like the X-men's Wolverine's special ability to heal rapidly. He still feels the pain but the wound and/or injury is soon gone since he heals with exponential speed! Now if only I could heal that quick! Physically and more importantly emotionally!


While I was sitting in that chair, the dentist's chair, and tried to distract myself from the pain by listening to the hushed chatter of the people outside, I thought of the different pains people go through and how long it usually takes for them to recover. I thought of those who never are able to recover. And silently, I wished upon my imaginary star, and prayed a silent prayer that we could all possess the mutant Logan's special abilities. But, I know that life isn't that easy; not all tooth problems are as simple as a cavity: some of them go down so deep, it takes several visits before the doc can take all the foul out.

All in all, I'm glad my tooth problem was just a cavity. An easy-to-solve cavity problem.

aghh, I apologize, I wanted this blog to have more... content-- more meaning, ha ha. But what can I say, a blog is a blog and blogs equal nonsense!

Update! My mom and Jenny are away for the night. It's Victory Weekend!
Jonathan is in Taiwan. My dad is in the U.S. of A.
So that leaves Luis, Sabina and me. We are at home and we just watched Matrix Revolution. Haa, Matrix is so good. I'm appreciating it so much more now. I'm gonna have to watch the previous two movies again some time soon. Who wants to join me?


-------------

Website to visit today: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ --> TripAdvisor provides recommendations for hotels, resorts, inns, vacations, travel packages, vacation packages, travel guides and lots more. TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL!

漂亮的圣心大教堂 From Review: 时 尚之都 历史之都 on Apr 2010, (A DaoDao Member) 
I advise that you subscribe for their newsletters! They send you lists of the worst or best hotels and travel spots with pictures and links. hihi Travel lust.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

The truth is that hostels actually provide a great option for budget travelers and with their affordable prices, allow many people to see the world they otherwise couldn’t afford.


Buzios Pousadas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...