Thursday, October 7, 2010

Postcards

I received three postcards yesterday.
"Pen-mail"

"Santiago De Compostela, España" from María Miguens Fernandez (Spain)

I don't think I've mentioned it yet in this blog that I collect postcards. Well, there it is: I collect postcards! 

I joined this postcard project site, Postcrossing, a few years ago but only really started using it last year. The concept of the site is actually very simple and it's tons of fun. I urge you to check it out if you're not lazy.


Though none of these postcards were sent via the website. I found two of these people from the postcrossing directory, but we're sending outside the project now. I've received and sent each of them more than three postcards each already. Pretty cool.

From the site alone, I've received a hundred postcards. My total number of postcards is unknown (not because I have so many, but because I've never counted, haha). But even though I have a lot, I still get giddy when I receive a new one. Sending is fun too.

 "Wanderlust" from Elle Battung
(US postcard, sent from the Philippines)

"Braga Costa Verde, Portugal" from Pedro Cubal (Portugal)

I'll post my favorite postcards soon!

Here's "Love Lost" by the Australian band The Temper Trap live in KEXP.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...