Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September Update. (And Senti-much?)

I've been home a whole lot lately. 

Like, A WHOLE LOT.

I've been out of school for almost a year now. Since then I've been at home, traveled to the Philippines, Thailand and Kuala Lumpur several times, and as I've mention here, I also worked for a while.

If you asked me this time last year what I'd be doing now, I most probably would've told you that I'd be studying in the US. Well, that didn't quite work out as I've hoped, hehe. Not that I wasn't accepted into any of the Colleges or Universities, but I actually never completely, fully applied to any of them.

I was pretty determined to get out of Asia and in to the Land of Opportunities.
I was pretty sure that if I stayed here, I'd be stuck here for the rest of my life.

But things didn't really play out the way I wanted 'em to. 
God had a different plan for me.

So, in the mean time I will wait.
The current plan now is to apply for the January intake (Third Trimester) at the De LaSalle University in Manila. The entrance test is in November. I'm hoping to get into the Communication Arts Degree Program.
The problem is I've been out of school for so long, I'm really rusty with my studies--I'll have to start practicing my math; get my brain to start working! Blogging's helping a lot with my writing. Trying to get used to writing again.


My "Mr Clean" pose 1993 (2yrs old) and my smile 2010 (19) 
Both my parents are in the US now for their 24th Anniversary.
I'm in Penang with the all my siblings, including Sabina.

Jonathan & Jenny are both on their last semesters, Jon for his Degree in Tourism, and Jenny, Diploma in Mass Comm.
Luis is in his final year in High School. 
And Sabina is in second grade and home-schooled.

Since my mom's in the states, I'm her replacement teacher. Hah. Forces me to be productive. (She's currently reviewing her Filipino "T" words such as tinidor)

TFCA kinder besties: Vitto and Bea Fabregas 1996 (5 years old)

Bea and Vitto Fabregas, Me 2003 (12)
 Haaa, I've been at home a lot and on the computer even more.
I was looking at old pictures and felt like posting 'em.

The second and third pictures are of Me, Vitto and Bea. We were classmates in Kindergarten and they've been really good friends since then. Though none of us have lived in the same city since we were seven, we still keep in contact! (Well also because Bea and Vitto are cousins, hahah, I'm the odd one out I guess.)

These next two pictures are in Montemar, Bataan, Philippines.
Undoubtedly my favorite beach!
Joseph Salud, Elle and Sam Battung, and me. I'm guessing 2001? (10 years old)
The year Sabina was born. 2001.
It's definitely not the nicest beach out there, but it has the most memories.
There was a time (around the time when Sabina was born) when we'd be there every single holiday. Summer, Halloween, New Year's! We'd be there at LEAST twice a year--with the same people.

I miss those days.
Rocco Puno, Karl Gibson, Me, Marty Espino, Robert Hechanova 2002 (11 yrs old
Same gang, same place! Rocco, Mark Ong, Me, Marty, Robert. 2005 -- before Penang
Lastly, this was my first 'barkada' (group of friends that you always hang out with). We were all football teammates in MFS (or AFS, same thing). And, up to this day, every time I'm in Manila, I make the effort to meet up and hang out with them--they always make time too, hehe!


I'm excited to move back to Manila. Penang's great. But there's no place like home, I guess. Though I know it'll be different. I know I can't just appear and things will just be the way they were. I mean, I'll be in College! I'll be driving (that's if I even have a car to drive) and people change. People who were friends may not be friends anymore, and people I ignored may end up being who I hang out with. Add to all that, I'll be staying in a dorm. The first month or so that I'll be there, my parents will still be here in Malaysia.


Things will be different

I've really been into Graffiti6 lately. Here's one for you:
"Stare Into The Sun". Official music video.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...